< Return to all Job Opportunities
Finance -- Factoring and Administration Coordinator
Job title: Factoring and Administration Coordinator
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
We are a growing financial services company offering invoice financing (also known as factoring) and accounts receivable management solutions to small and medium sized organizations. Our service helps businesses optimize their cash flow and maximize their liquidity by converting current invoices into readily available working capital. Businesses that use our system also get the benefit of reduced accounts receivable administration costs and significant time savings.
Working closely with the General Director, the Factoring & Administration Coordinator contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial activities. This is an advisory role in which the ability to apply innovative, out-of-the-box thinking is a requirement. With non-authoritative leadership skills, the incumbent will be capable of driving positive change while securing buy-in from various team members in the process of implementing new plans, processes and projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
The Factoring & Administration Coordinator performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Monitor and implement strategic business plans (business, marketing, HR, etc.)
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical execution
- Develop financial strategies
- Manage capital requests and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
Financial reporting & budget preparation
- Participate in financial reporting and liaise with the Board of Directors as well as regulatory bodies
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the General Director and Treasurer and/or Finance Committee
- Assist Marketing & Operations with the preparation of budgets for programs and initiatives
- Maximize income where possible and appropriate according to factoring best standards & practices
- Monitor factoring risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
- Advise the organization's leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for the organization and the Board of Directors
- Negotiate with banks for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate for a factoring organization
Project management accounting
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with funders
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
- Evaluate the need for new factoring systems & technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Advise on appropriate technology that meets the organization's information requirements and financial resources
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the organization including property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
- Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
- Monitor all legislation relevant to the organization (employment standards, occupation health and safety, human rights, etc.) and all regulations on professional certification to ensure that the organization is compliant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration. Master degree is an asset.
- Professional designation in the field of factoring required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Full bilingual proficiency in English/French
- Familiarity with IFRS
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Factoring applications (e.g. Factor SQL)
- Accounting (Microsoft Dynamics GP)
- Word processing
- Leadership: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Planning ability: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Ethical mindset: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Relationship-building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Effective Communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Teamwork: Work with others on setting goals, solving problems, and making decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Decision-making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Organizational skills: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information.
- Problem-solving: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Cultural awareness & sensitivity: Ability to work effectively within a diverse team where cultural differences are the norm.
- 5+ years of progressive financial responsibility
- Experience working within a public corporation is required
DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT
How to Apply
IPS Invoice Payment System always welcomes qualified candidates to apply.
If interested in a career at IPS Invoice Payment System, please feel free to submit your resume to email@example.com.
When to Apply
Posting Date : July 2, 2015
Closing Date : TBD
< Return to all Job Opportunities